Monday, July 24, 2017

Early Morning Walk

When at home in the province on weekends, i feel some semblance of rejuvenation. Maybe it is the result of clean air that is not as heavy as the polluted atmosphere we breath at the big city. It literally is easier to breath at home. I don't linger in bed because i have lots of things to do in the garden, and if there is spare time i will try to photograph some butterflies.

This morning i opted to go out, literally from bed i just slid on my slippers and go out clinging my camera. I felt a bit hungry but that can wait till i return. I intended to be out for just maybe an hour. It turned out that it rained that night, which i didn't even notice, maybe i had a very deep sleep. The plants are all still wet and there are still some puddles on the sidewalk. I am very familiar with the vegetation, the cracks on the pavement, the possible insects i will be spotting, and a lot more.

But i am always fascinated with my findings, as if it happened only the first time!

There is nothing more revujenating than the fresh air after the rains at night! And there is an emotion evoked by these fully refreshed grasses with still the dews on them.

Even the Artemisia scoparia, a weed favored by our butterflies, look so healthy.

 I spent lots of time trying hard to get some macro shots of the bubbles, got lots and lots of shots.

 I refer to this as my terrarium, with grasses mirrored in the bubble.

 

Our sidewalks are teeming with healthy weeds with these violet flowers, Ruellia tuberosa. I also spent a lot of time looking for any larvae eating them, they wont run out of food in this lush growth. 

 It is disappointing that our golden shower tree, Cassia fistula, has been fully pruned as it grows so enormously. The green and yellow butterflies, Catopsilia pomona, will find some alternative hosts as food. I just don't know what those plants are. 

 My single bush of Duranta erecta, a favorite nectaring plant for most of our butterflies, already need some trimming. The berries are already turning yellow, getting old. It has to be rejuvenated too. Can you see the male Mormon on it? Papilio polytes

 Some black ants converged on towing their big food, cricket, to their nest. 

I found 5 of these black thorny larvae on my hoya plants, many young leaves are already sacrificed as their food, so i gathered them and transfered to an area far from the hoyas. I wonder if they can find alternative food there. But these creatures are voracious, and they walk so fast. 

A pollinated hippeastrum failed to grow, aborted before its time. The sad thing about this plant is that they flower only once a year! It is another year of waiting for another attempt in cross pollination.

Our papaya with violet/blackish petioles have plenty of small fruits. There are 2 ripe fruits now, but they are not spared by the crows that linger in our area for whatever food they might find, including my mother's chicks if they are not properly protected. 

Lastly, here is a lovely find. A pair of blue-naped kingfisher are so noisy on our camansi tree. They are a bit far up the tree, and i only have a 50mm lens, so this is heavily cropped. At least we can see them a bit clearly. The female on top seem to be talking as its beak is widely open. 

My intended time for walking definitely did not materialize, it was extended until i was out for 3 hours, 6:30 - 9:30 a.m. I cannot anymore pretend that my stomach is not complaining, i am very, very hungry now that i have first to have breakfast. Besides,  the sunlight is already a bit biting the skin. 

11 comments:

  1. What a delightful time you had photographing Nature in all its splendor ~ beautiful floral macro shots ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have all of these awesome bits of nature so close to home! I'm always giddy when I get a shot like your 'terrarium' shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great captures but those macro shots of the bubbles are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. I especially love the dewdrops. I have yet to be able to capture the pristine beauty of a dewdrop.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/07/hhhhiiiiiiiisssssssss.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Andrea and thank you for showing your paradise

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can always eat, right? But the perfect picture waits for no one! Good for you to get out there while the time was right! I love the dew drops and the kingfishers! And please send some rain our way -- it is very dry in Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photos - all on your morning walk!! I've never seen papayas growing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your photos are so amazing !! I love those macro shot !! It's nice to observe nature in a macro lens !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must admit to being jealous of your papaya...my favourite fruit! And kingfishers are one of my favourite birds. But all of your photos are beautiful, and informative. I particularly appreciate all the time you invested in your macro shots of the raindrops...exquisite!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andrea... You said, "But i am always fascinated with my findings, as if it happened only the first time!". That is exactly how I feel out in nature and I have a big smile when I do...These are wonderful photos...the droplets.. amazing..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice photos! love going out for my morning walks, everything is so fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and comments are the life of this site. I certainly appreciate them and I will make sure to return the favor. Energies are not destroyed, they are just transformed, so healthy energies be with us all, just like the breath of life!

But i am requesting that no other personal links should be put on your comments. I am sorry, but backlinks give me some problems, so i might not publish them.Thank you very much for understanding.